Friday, February 2, 2007

Sure has been awhile...

Well, quite the month I have had. The begining of this week my Mom and my cousin headed to Vancouver where my Mom would donate her kidney to my cousin, who has been coping with a kidney disease all of her life. The time had finally come that she no longer had any remaining function in her kideny left. This meant it was time for family members to go through the testing process and determine who was able to donate. Well my Mother was the lucky gal!!! The kidney that was taken from my mom and put into my cousing started working immediately and she is already feeling the effects of having a funcitoning kidney. Her color has returned and she just feels better (other then the pain right now) all around. It has been hard on the whole family. The hardest choice was to stay at home and tend to rest of everyones needs while my mom lay in a hosipital bed, along while I continued to attend classes. Where I will be quite honest, I was not paying much attention duirng lectures. So here it is Friday and my mom will be home tonight. I look forward to her being home, but not lookign forward to watch her be in pain and struggling.

Well I should go for now, the next one will be on a happier note I am sure!!!

3 comments:

Dating said...

Your Mom is an incredible lady! Glad she is home where you can take care of her :) Get better Momma Ruth!

Dating said...

UMMMMM HELLO! Would you BLOG already girlie!!!

Dating said...

Ok girl, this is ridiculous! If you don't blog about you know what by Monday, I'm doing it for you!